Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Local Authority Children’s Services

Multi Agency Safe guarding Hub  (MASH) / Front Door Services

Where it is considered that your family requires a wider range of services to that which is available through ACE a referral may be made to your local authority Children's Services. This is usually through the MASH/Front Door services.
The purpose of the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is to improve the quality of information that is shared between professionals in order to make timely and informed decisions based on accurate and up to date information. Social workers, Police, NHS and other agencies may all work in partnership as part of the MASH team.

Contact details:

  • Coventry - 02476 788555
  • Hereford - 01432 260800
  • Solihull - 01217 884333
  • Warwick - 01926 414144
  • Worcestershire - 01905 822666

Child Exploitation Services

Contact MASH and Front Door Services.

If there is concern about the safety and welfare of your child, Child Exploitation Services should be contacted through the MASH details above. These services are concerned with tackling issues of children going missing from home or school, being abused through child sexual exploitation and being trafficked. 

Local Authority Family Information Services

Local Authority Family Information Services provide information, advice and one-to-one support for families with children and young people aged 0 to 25. They will offer advice on:

  • Family relationship matters
  • Finance
  • Housing
  • Parenting support
  • Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
  • Childcare
  • Health and wellbeing

Useful websites on local authority family information services

Financial Support

Contact the Department for Education or First4 Adoption websites for information about adoption leave.

In some circumstances your local authority may complete an assessment of need for financial support. Depending on when your child was adopted will determine whether this responsibility rests with the local authority who placed the child with you or the local authority area where you are currently living. We are able to advise you about this.