The ACE Adoption (aceadoption.com) website is owned and maintained by Warwickshire County Council, working in partnership with Coventry City Council, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council, Worcestershire County Council and Herefordshire County Council.
The following privacy notice applies to Adoption Central England (ACE) Regional Adoption Agency provided by Warwickshire County Council.
The privacy notice will cover:
Purpose for processing and lawful basis
ACE provides a full range of adoption related services including the recruitment and assessment of adoptive parents, support to children who require an adoption service, services to adoptive families who require support and adopted adults and the family members of adopted people. Non-agency adoption i.e. step-parents adoption services are also offered.
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation and associated regulations and statutory guidance. Significant are:
- Education and Adoption 2016
- Adoption and Children Act 2002
- The Local Authority Adoption Service (England) Regulations 2003
- Adoption Agencies Regulations 2005
- The Adoption Support Agencies (England) and Adoption Agencies (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2005
Personal information collected depending on your service requirements may include but is not limited to:
- Personal details (e.g. name, email, contacts, address, date of birth)
- Personal reference numbers (e.g. NHS Number, NI number)
- Financial details
- Family details
- Employment details (include employment references)
- Lifestyle and social circumstances information
- Visual images, personal appearance and behaviour e.g photographs
- Case file information(include complaints)
- Physical or mental health details (include from health records and assessment report and/or social care records)
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Offences (including alleged offences) criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- Details of extended family members and support system
- Personal and work related references
- Proof of citizenship/residency
Who we may share your information with
- Other local authorities who have children with adoption plans
- ACE local authority Social Work Teams.
- Individuals and agencies who are required to provide reference checks.
- Foreign embassies if living abroad for application checks.
- Voluntary agencies who work closely with the regional adoption agency.
- Providers of adoption support services.
- National Adoption Register.
- Other statutory services according to your assessed need e.g. health and housing.
How long we will hold your information
All adoption records are kept for 100 years in line with legislative requirements. If prospective adopters are unsuccessful or withdraw an application or resign their approval, records will be kept for 25 years.
Please note: all stated retention periods will be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention.
Your information rights
For rectification of your personal information, or to restrict the processing your personal information please contact us using the method above or by email at: email@example.com
You do not have any other information rights
See our overall privacy notice at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/privacy for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
Google Analytics cookies
- Function-based – this type of cookie is used to remember information about how you use a website, and provide analytical information to site administrators.
- Third-party – this type of cookie is created by a third-party.
Purpose - Analytical information is captured in some areas of the main site, to help us improve services and better understand user requirements. This information is captured through a free service provided by Google (Google Analytics), using multiple cookies. See specific information on the cookies used by Google Analytics.
How to block - Google Analytics cookies can be blocked in a number of different ways. Google offers an opt-out browser add-on for most modern web browsers, or cookies can be disabled directly within your browser. What would happen - Blocking Google Analytics cookies will provide no reduced service to you, but we will be unable to capture detailed information about your experience online.