ACE offers adopters and prospective adopters a wide ranging training package. We can help you use your life experiences and skills to provide a safe, loving home for a child.
We understand that for some of you after adopting you may not need our support and training. However we commit to giving you an offer of support at any time you may need us.
Training courses offered include:
- Therapeutic play — a ‘theraplay’ taster
- Introduction to attachment and therapeutic parenting
- “Next steps” workshop for waiting adopters
- A life story workshop for families
- Friends and family training
- Eat sleep, play – dealing with the challenges
- Parenting teenagers
- Parenting an adopted child
There are a number of additional events and schemes offered:
- Bi-monthly adopter coffee mornings
- Adopter mentoring scheme