Support for birth families
Many people have been separated from a child through adoption.
The ACE Adoption Service can:
- Signpost birth parents and relatives to an independent service for birth parents and relatives;
- Direct to other organisations that could provide counselling, support groups and intermediary services.
Talk to someone
If you would like to speak to someone in ACE for an informal conversation, please do call on 0300 369 0556. All calls are treated in strictest confidence and the adoption social worker would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
When you call, you will need to speak to an adoption social worker, so please give a telephone number where you can be contacted and a time when it would be convenient for you talk between 9.30am and 5pm.
If you are a relative who would like to:
- gain information about someone who has been adopted;
- access a mediation service in order to contact someone who has been adopted;
- provide information for an adopted person.
You can also find out this information by completing our online form for an adoption enquiry by a relative.